The flexibility of many homebuilders today gives you a wide range of choices when it comes to modern home architecture. Today’s houses are more spacious and simpler due to an application of wise space use in the house. There is also a significant change in the materials for house construction. Homeowners and builders are going green, thus most are using sustainable materials.
You will be amazed by the various wonderful architectural designs of houses nowadays. Knowing the popular home architecture style today will help you choose the right one for you and your family.
Below are some of the popular home architectural designs in most properties today:
1. Greenhouse designs are becoming very trendy these days. These eco-friendly homes are made of sustainable materials and designed to lower its carbon footprint. Most of these properties maximize the use of natural lighting so it will use less artificial lights during the day. The rooms are built in such a way that it reduces the use of heaters in winter and air-conditioners in summer.
2. Prefabricated houses are made off-site and the parts are delivered to the area where they will be assembled. Most builders are using this because they can make homes with good quality more quickly. There are several prefabricated designs to choose from.
3. Because of the increasing concern for the environment, builders today refrain from throwing away materials or structures when building a house. They make use of old structures and integrating it with new homes without compromising the quality. This is also done by many builders to preserve history.
4. Another popular home architecture design today is the accessible house designs. This is one of the most notable designs in new homes. They are simpler, allowing a homeowner to move around the area easily. An example of the feature of this kind of dwelling is the use of a more convenient storage instead of using high cabinets.
5. Although craftsman homes have been around during the early 1900s, today there is a resurgence of this type of home but with more creative and distinct styles. Although they are mostly two stories, the original is traditionally one story only. This property type has a porch with low hanging eves and exposed columns that is the trademark of this home style.
6. Another popular architecture is the French county. These homes feature a combination of brick, stucco or stone on the exterior. These two-story houses usually have several high eves for a castle-like appearance. These homes are designed with a very elegant and upscale look.
7. Most homeowners today want a home that has additional features that let them enjoy and relax. These homes have family rooms, the four-season porch where they can bond and entertain friends any time of the year.
8. Georgian homes also had a recent resurgence in some areas in the country, which makes it a very popular option for homebuyers. Georgian homes are larger than most similar colonial design homes and create a symmetric and very classic look. These homes are typically made of brick with white columns and porches. One of the best features of a Georgian home is its non-intimidating and welcoming appearance.